Sharing my favorite appetizer recipe

Mushroom Pizza Appetizer

I know this has nothing to do with Furniture or Decor but once and awhile I like to share something different here on the Louise's Basement Blog. And who doesn't like F O O D?
Last Saturday, while prepairing for a Thanksgiving gathering with my in-laws, I thought why not document how to make my all time favorite appetizer! This is something my family has served at parties and at holidays for over 25 years! We make it at least twice a year! It is that good!
My daughter Madalynn age 6, loves taking pictures and she helped me document us preparing the appetizer. Enjoy and trust me...this will soon become one of your favorite family recipes too! Enjoy!  

Madalynn and I had to show off our matching aprons!
I scored my fun polka dot one over at Ramshackled Treasures in Zimmerman!

So to begin, you will need the following ingredients:
  • Two packages sliced mushrooms
  • 3 tablespoons butter
  • steak seasoning or seasoning salt
  • Worcestershire sauce
  • Two packages/tubes Crescent roll dough
  • 1 package cream cheese
  • Parmesan cheese  
Mushrooms
Lea & Perrins Worchestershire Sauce

 To begin, wash mushrooms and drain. Heat butter in pan add mushrooms. Season with steak seasoning and cover with Worcestershire sauce. Cook on medium to low heat until soft. Stir occasionally

Crescent dough
Crescent roll dough

While mushrooms are cooking, open Crescent roll dough and roll out on cookie sheet.Completely cover cookie sheet (you will have left over dough). Push seems together.

Cream Cheese
 Open Cream cheese and soften in microwave (less than 30 seconds).
Spread softened cream cheese over (uncooked) crescent dough.

Sauteed mushrooms
Now you are ready to add the sauteed mushrooms.
Using a slotted spoon, drain mushrooms and cover top of cream cheese with mushrooms.

Mushroom Pizza Appetizer
Sprinkle top with Parmisan cheese (shredded is best but powdered works too)
Cook for 12-15 minutes at 375 degrees (or temp listed on crescent roll package)

 
Mushroom Pizza Appetizer

Cut in squares and serve warm, but know it is wonderful cold as well!
(trust me I know--these, in the photos above, are the left overs and I eat them all!)


Thanks for reading! What is your family favorite Recipe! I'd love to learn a new one! Leave a comment or email me at louisesbasement@gmail.com or leave me at message at www.facebook.com/louisesbasement